Whether you want to display your daily OmniFocus todos on Panic's Status Board, on your desktop with GeekTool or export selected tasks to TaskPaper or completed ones into a log file: The ofexport project by Paul Sidnell comes with a whole slew of features to export your OmniFocus database.
Export to a number of text based file formats:
- Plain Text
- OPML (Can be read by OmniOutliner, various MindMap tools)
- ICS (Can be subscribed to via the Calendar app)
- Modify the existing format templates or create new ones.
Filter what gets exported:
- Include/exclude tasks, projects and folders with text searches (regular/logical expressions)
- Include/exclude tasks and projects by flag state.
- Include/exclude, tasks and projects by start/completion/due date.
Restructure the data:
- Flatten the outport document to create a simpler document (just projects containing tasks).
- Sort tasks by date or text.
- Eliminate empty projects/folders.
- Organise by project or context hierarchy.
An extremely powerful tool, but remember that this Python-based solution is interacting directly with OmniFocus' database and should the OmniGroup make any changes 'under the hood' it'll likely break scripts like ofexport. Also keep a current backup of your OmniFocus data! Although ofexport is only meant to read from your database, you do not want to have any regrets after toying around.