There is something really compelling about Dave Lee’s system
- I like to break down my week into daily focuses that are the same each and every week. I’ve chosen then five most important areas in my business and focus on them, one per day.
- I choose my three most desired outcomes for that week. This gives me a goal and vision for my week.
- I choose my three most desired outcomes for the day at the beginning of the day. All three outcomes should be related to your focus of the day.
- I use the Pomodoro Technique to work in 25 minute focused sessions. I time myself with My Little Pomodoro mac app and take regular breaks.
- I organize each daily focus as a separate project. So really, I only keep 5 projects and that’s it.
He leverages some of the key elements from GTD but puts a spin on it which creates a sort of singular focus. Given the frantic times we live in, his approach seems to yield real progress in important areas, which ultimately provide you back feeling of accomplishment, fulfilment and satisfactions.
I at least need to explore his ideas further, even if the majority of my work is not necessarily creative.